Class XII equivalent examinations as per JEE Advanced 2020
JEE Main candidates can apply for admission to NITs through the DASA programme. However, JEE Advanced does not have any special scheme for admission to foreign candidates. All foreign candidates, whether PIO or otherwise, have no easy way out, irrespective of which Book for JEE Preparation you’re referring to. They have to appear for JEE Advanced and qualify in the main AIR list. The following examinations conducted by different boards are accepted as Class XII Equivalent examinations for JEE Advanced:
- The final examination of the 10+2 system, conducted by a Central or State Board recognized by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
- Intermediate or two-year Pre-University examination conducted by a Board or University recognized by the Association of Indian Universities.
- The final examination of the two-year course of the Joint Services Wing of the National Defence Academy.
- Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Institute of Open Schooling with a minimum of five subjects.
- Any Public School, Board or University examination in India or in a foreign country recognized as equivalent to the 10+2 system by the AIU.
- S.C. vocational examination.
- A Diploma recognized by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) or a State Board of Technical Education of at least 3 years duration.
- General Certificate Education (GCE) examination (London, Cambridge or Sri Lanka) at the Advanced (A) level.
- High School Certificate Examination of the Cambridge University or International Baccalaureate Diploma of the International Baccalaureate Office, Geneva.
Candidates who have completed Class XII (or equivalent) examination outside India or from a Board not specified above should produce a certificate from the AIU (Association of Indian Universities) to the effect that the examination they have passed is equivalent to the Class XII examination. The links to all forms and/or certificate required from the Association of Indian Universities is this. A direct link to the certificate required from the AIU is available here.
For those candidates who are outside India, the following is a list of +2 level qualifications (outside India) recognized by AIU:
- 12 years Baccalaureate Certificate of Chad, Gabon, France, and Tunisia.
- International Baccalaureate Diploma awarded by the International Baccalaureate Organization Geneva, Switzerland.
- 12 years General Secondary Education Certificate of the Ministry of Education in Bahrain, Egypt, Jordan, Kuwait, Oman, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, and other Gulf countries.
- GCE/IGCSE/GCSE examinations of the approved British Examination Bodies, with minimum 5 (Five) subjects in A, B, C Grades including English at Ordinary (“O”) Level and 2 or 3 subjects at Advanced Level has been equated with +2 stage qualification. Candidates intending to join Professional courses are required to have passed the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology or Mathematics in Advanced Level & English at AS Level.
- 12 Year High School Diploma from accredited Schools of USA.
- Intermediate or Senior Secondary or Higher Secondary examinations of the approved Boards in Pakistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, and Nepal.
- 12-year Secondary Stage qualification of National Examinations Board of the Ministry of Education, Ethiopia, Sudan.
- 12-year Secondary Stage examination conducted by various Provinces in Canada and Australia.
- GCE Ordinary and Advanced level examination of the Department of Education, Government of Sri Lanka, Singapore, Hong Kong & Mauritius.
- 12-year ST PM examination of Malaysia.
- 12-year Secondary Stage qualification of Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Republic of Vietnam and the Yemen Arab Republic.
- Abitur examination of Germany.
- 12-year High School Diploma awarded by the accredited American Schools/International Schools in other countries following the American System of Education.
- Pre-University Certificate Examination of the Ministry of Education, Iran.
- 12-year Secondary School Certificate Examination of the Ministry of Education, Isla mic Republic of Afghanistan.
- 12 Year Secondary School Certificate Examination of the Ministry of Education, Isla mic Republic of Iraq.
- 12 Year Senior School Certificate Examination of West African Examinations Council (WACE) in A, B, C Grades on a scale of 1-4 (A-1, B -2, B -3, C -4) conducted in the country of Nigeria, and elsewhere.
- Examen d’état of the Ministry of Primary, Secondary & Professional Education in the Democratic Republic of Congo.
- 12 year Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education Examination with more than 5 (Five) subjects in the Grades “A”, “B”, & “C” of the Kenya National Examinations Council Nairobi, Kenya.
- Advanced Certificate of Secondary Education Examination with minimum 2 (Two) Principal Passes & 2 (Two) Subsidiary Passes of the National Examinations Council of Tanzania.
- Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education Examination with minimum 2 (Two) Principal Passes & 2 (Two) Subsidiary Passes of the Uganda Examinations Board.
Finally, the AIU does not accept a High School Diploma pursued through an Online/Distance mode or equivalent, so if you are a candidate who has such a qualification, you cannot write JEE Advanced.